- RSS Channel Showcase 3366324
- RSS Channel Showcase 6146783
- RSS Channel Showcase 5223658
- RSS Channel Showcase 5630984
Articles on this Page
- 05/22/15--00:00: _Drawing: Georgia Ja...
- 06/04/15--00:00: _Drawing: Marina Reb...
- 06/19/15--00:00: _Drawing: Anna Netre...
- 07/13/15--01:44: _Drawing: Sonya Yonc...
- 07/20/15--00:00: _Drawing: Ekaterina ...
- 12/01/15--23:35: _Drawing: The Tiger ...
- 08/31/16--00:42: _Drawing: Sonya Yonc...
- 10/10/16--00:04: _Drawing: Corinne Wi...
- 01/11/17--00:47: _Drawing: Patricia R...
- 04/10/17--05:11: _Drawing: Marcelo Pu...
- 05/22/15--00:00: Drawing: Georgia Jarman in Król Roger
- 06/04/15--00:00: Drawing: Marina Rebeka in La traviata
- 06/19/15--00:00: Drawing: Anna Netrebko in La Bohème
- 07/13/15--01:44: Drawing: Sonya Yoncheva
- 07/20/15--00:00: Drawing: Ekaterina Bakanova in La traviata
- 12/01/15--23:35: Drawing: The Tiger Lilies: Lulu – A Murder Ballard
- 08/31/16--00:42: Drawing: Sonya Yoncheva
- 10/10/16--00:04: Drawing: Corinne Winters and Angela Brower in Cosi fan tutte
- 01/11/17--00:47: Drawing: Patricia Racette
- 04/10/17--05:11: Drawing: Marcelo Puente in Madama Butterfly
Brilliant American soprano Georgia Jarman made her Royal Opera debut as Roxana in Karol Szymanowski’s masterpiece Król Roger (King Roger) which finished this week. Kasper Holten’s “devastating” production was the first time in almost 40 years that the 1926 Polish opera … Continue reading
chicanepicturesGeorgia Jarman in Krol Roger
Statuesque Latvian soprano Marina Rebeka made her Royal Opera debut as Violetta Valéry in Verdi’s tragic opera La traviata in July 2010 and has returned to sing the role for this season. Richard Eyre’s production, now 21 years old returns … Continue reading
Several of the world’s greatest opera stars returned to the Royal Opera House to bid farewell to the final staging of John Copley’s La Bohème, notably Russian soprano Anna Netrebko as Mimi and Maltese tenor Joseph Calleja as her lover … Continue reading
According to VOGUE magazine, Bulgarian soprano Sonya Yoncheva is “Opera’s brightest star” after two remarkable performances at the Metropolitan in New York last winter. Both appearances were not originally scheduled, but fate intervened, propelling her onto one of the world’s … Continue reading
“One hell of a way to make a Royal Opera debut” is how Tom Service headlined his Guardian article as Russian soprano Ekaterina Bakanova became the talk of the opera world on 4 July. She stepped in to sing Violetta in … Continue reading
The cult cabaret trio, The Tiger Lillies performed their latest stage piece, LULU – A MURDER BALLAD at the Royal Opera House this month. With their trademark demon / clown face paint; composer, singer and accordionist Martyn Jacques, bass player … Continue reading
chicanepicturesThe Tiger Lillies
This is the second sketch I drew of Bulgarian opera soprano Sonya Yoncheva. The first one she signed at the Royal Opera House last summer when she performed Violetta in LA TRAVIATA. It was dedicated to me and signed with … Continue reading
Two of America’s young and up-and-coming opera singers, soprano Corinne Winters and mezzo-soprano Angela Brower both made their Covent Garden debut last month as the leads in the new production of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s ‘fiancé-swapping’ Italian ‘buffa’ (comic) opera COSI … Continue reading
Known as one of the great singing actresses of our time, American opera star Patricia Racette returned to Covent Garden replacing Martina Serafin in the role of Georgette in Il TABARRO in February 2016. Associated with the world’s leading orchestras … Continue reading
Argentina tenor Marcelo Puente is so good at being bad, he gets booed at the curtain call. Making his Covent Garden debut as Pinkerton, one of Opera’s great villains in the latest revival of Puccini’s MADAMA BUTTERFLY at the Royal … Continue reading